Heart Kyol Che 2016
Let’s Practice Together!
What is the Heart Kyol Che?
The Heart Kyol Che is an opportunity for students who cannot sit the traditional Kyol Che, or who can sit only part of it, to participate by doing extra practice at home and practicing together with others as they are able. This will run concurrently with the traditional Kyol Che. By doing this Heart Kyol Che together, we will strengthen our own practices, and provide support to our fellow students who are able to sit the traditional Kyol Che. We in turn can draw inspiration and energy from their committment.
What if I can’t get to Providence Zen Center?
If you are geographically distant, you can still participate in the Heart Kyol Che through your commitment to practice at home. Try to attend talks, sittings, and retreats at another center of the Kwan Um School of Zen.
How do I arrange to participate?
Fill out the practice commitment form on the reverse; keep a copy for yourself, and mail in a copy. You can also use this form to register for retreats.
What does the Heart Kyol Che consist of?
1. An effort to do daily practice (suggested minimum is recitation of the Four Great Vows; bowing; chanting of the Heart Sutra; and sitting fifteen minutes)
2. Doing daily mantra practice (suggested minimum is one thousand Kwan Seum Bosals)
3. A personal day of silence and mindfulness (optional) 4. Long sittings (suggested minimum is one)
5. Dharma talks (suggested minimum is one)
6. Yong Maeng Jong Jins and one day retreats (suggested minimum is one day)
7. Foundations of Zen workshop (optional)
8. One or more weeks of Winter Kyol Che at Providence (optional)
9. Winter Kyol Che ceremonies at Providence (optional)
10. Work practice at your Zen Center
Heart Kyol Che 2016 Information PDF Heart Kyol Che 2016 1